Sunday, November 24, 2013

Real Mom Confession - Birthdays

Posted by Mac at 12:12 PM
I'm usually the kind of mom that plans super elaborate birthdays on Pinterest, and then when the time comes, I go the simple, easy and cheap route. Elaborate is great, but it is time consuming and it is A LOT harder than Pinterest makes it look!!

This week, we had a small get together for LT's birthday with her Godparents and her Nama. (Since her Birthday is on Thanksgiving, we will be seeing just about everyone else then).

I knew I wanted to surprise her with a Dinosaur themed party, but I didn't want to go over the top because we were having so few people over. I got dino plates, napkins, a table cloth, temporary tattoos and balloons, all dino themed. 

The menu was simple: Dino Chicken Nuggets, Grilled Cheese, Baby Trees and Dinosaur Eggs.  I had a super fabulous idea for the cake... that I was hoping would totally make the party! And it was!!!


This may be the first time I have ever gone overboard on a cake, but it probably will not be the last. In fact, I already have a super idea for Thanksgiving cupcakes!! Stay tuned to see how those turn out. 

As for me, I am super busy planning a Disneyland trip on Wednesday!!! LT can't wait, and to be honest, neither can I!!!

XOXO,
Mac

0 comments:

 

The Real Mom Crusade Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos