Monday, November 4, 2013

Real Mom Confession - Uncertainty

Posted by Mac at 11:42 AM
Do you ever question your abilities as a mother? Of course you do. We all do. It's part of being a parent. We want to do the best we can for our children. 

That being said, let me pose a question:
How would you describe yourself as a Mother? Do you doubt yourself? Do you struggle? What are your wishes?


Okay, so that was a few questions! Be honest. You don't have to share with me or anyone else for that matter, just be honest with yourself. 

Here's mine: As a mom, I sometimes feel like I could do better. I don't play with LT enough and I tell her no a lot more than I should. I do not have a ton of patience first thing in the morning or right before bed at night. I make good meals and we cook a lot together.

What would your kids say about you as a mom?  This video is priceless. It poses the same question to mothers that I just asked you. And then they bring in the kids, ask them what they think about their moms and let the moms watch it. 

It is beautiful. What you are hard on yourself about, isn't what your children think of you. Watch the video. It is wonderful and inspiring. STOP giving yourself a hard time... cut yourself some slack and just be there for your kids.

Let's be honest, you aren't likely to get an honest response from your kids if you ask them personally. If you really want to know what they think of you; have a freind, grandparent, or spouse ask and record their answer. You will be surprised and I am positive that you are better in their eyes than you have ever been in yours!

XOXO,
Mac

1 comments:

Unknown on November 5, 2013 at 2:50 AM said...

Perfect! This is exactly what Mom's need to see just before a Holiday Season. It is the little things the little ones love!! The best gift you can give a child is YOU! So remember to take care of yourself and don't sweat the small stuff.

 

The Real Mom Crusade Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos