Sunday, September 22, 2013

Yoga Pants... A necessity of Motherhood.

Posted by Mac at 3:13 PM
Before I had my daughter, I wore mostly jeans with the occasional skirt or dress thrown in for variety. I made a habit of giving myself an hour to get ready before I had to go anywhere. My hair was always blow-dried and I wouldn't be caught dead in public without mascara.

My wardrobe now consists mostly of everyone's favorite, Yoga Pants! I owed yoga pants before I entered the mommy club, but I only wore them at home, on lazy days watching football. I NEVER wore them out in public. It's amazing how much things change in a few short years, mostly because, as a mom, I try so hard to take care of everyone else and make sure that they get out of the house decent and on time, that having a few extra minutes for myself doesn't happen very often and I am not going to squander those precious moments on squeezing into jeans and putting on makeup. I'd much rather have an extra cup of coffee or give myself a fresh manicure.

If you came over to my house right now, you would find me in yoga pants and a t-shirt. My hair would be up in a ponytail with a headband to keep those pesky strays back. My hairstylist would be disappointed with my hair, truth be told.
This is me, right now. 
When you call and ask if I want to meet you for coffee in an hour, I WILL show up in yoga pants. My hair may be done. I may have a bit of makeup on, but without fail, I will be wearing yoga pants. Why? Because they are easy. Yoga pants fit me on my "fat" days and they make me feel good about myself on my "thin" days. I don't have to struggle with zippers or buttons. I don't have to worry about muffin top. And since most yoga pants are black, they match just about everything in my closet. I don't have to worry about a specific shirt being clean to match.

Do you want to see how many pairs of yoga pants I have? Brace yourself... I have a whole drawer devoted to them!

9 Pairs!
And that's not even all of them. Today is laundry day. There are 3 pairs in the washing machine as I type this. That makes a total of 12!!! That means that I could go almost 2 weeks without doing laundry for myself! (Not like that would ever happen).

I haven't pinpointed a reason for my love (addiction) to yoga pants, but I do know this much, changing from pajama pants to yoga pants does count as getting dressed! If you see me in something other than yoga pants, you must be special (or it must be a special occasion).

Do you have one type of clothing that counts as your fail-safe? Something that makes you feel good about yourself no matter what? I think it is important, as a mother or a woman, to feel good about yourself even if you are having a bad day.

If you see yoga pants on sale, be sure to let me know!

xoxo,
Mac

1 comments:

Unknown on October 3, 2013 at 7:17 PM said...

Your blog is too cute! I finally made "me time" to read it! I have been seeing your posts on fb but haven't sat down to check it out. It is now book marked and I will frequent it. I read your blog posts and see your smile! Wish we were closer so we can chill in yoga pants with the kids!! Keep up the great site:)

 

The Real Mom Crusade Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos