Friday, August 30, 2013

Real Mom Confession 8/30

Posted by Mac at 10:44 PM
After spending a half hour before dinner cleaning up explosive diarrhea, renting a carpet cleaner to clean the rest, and then cleaning the kitchen.... This mommy is laying in bed reading a (super) boring history book. Wait, is there any other kind?
My wonderful hubby made dinner tonight. Chile rellanos and Mexican rice! Delish. While he cooked, I browsed pinterest and enjoyed an adult beverage. After dinner, hubby cleaned the carpets and returned the faulty carpet cleaner.

I'm exhausted, i cant even imagine how my hubby is still going. Nothing like being a parent when your child is sick and can't make it to the bathroom. Seriously, how did she not make it to the bathroom but did have the common sense to put on new panties? and then not even tell us about it!? I'm pretty sure I cursed a few times in my head while sweating on my hands and knees wearing yellow plastic gloves. (Sorry, I do not have photos!)

 Actually, being a parent when your child is sick with anything is difficult. I have been blessed with a child who has a better immune system than me and I am extremely grateful for that, even if I am complaining about a little poop right now!

LT is still feeling a little under the weather, but seems to be on the mend. I'm sure by the time this posts, it will be like nothing ever happened.

Here's to hoping that my house doesn't smell like poop in the morning!

Have you ever had to clean any bodily fluids from your child, after infancy? Did you curse under your breath while cleaning it up? Or did you put some newspaper over it and leave it for the other parent?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so hard to see your kids sick! After a long day at the pool yesterday, I myself was up late at night trying desperately for my kiddo to let me put drops in his chlorine-stung eyes... we settled 30 minutes later on me putting them on my finger and rubbing them over his closed eyes (hoping that somehow some of it would get in there). It's been a while since I've had to clean up bodily fluids (fingers crossed it stays that way) but it is no fun when your kiddo is sick. Hope she is feeling better now!

Mac on September 6, 2013 at 3:57 PM said...

I hate eye drops. LT had pink eye and we had to do them 4 times a day for 10 days. It was torture for her and us! I like your way of doing it better!!! She is feeling much better, Thank you!

Anonymous said...

When my oldest was around 5 or 6 we were staying with friends while on vacation. My kids were playing in her child's room. All of a sudden my oldest came running out throwing up! She puked all over their bedroom carpet and it splashed up the door. I can't stand to clean puke :( It made it all the worse that it wasn't even our house. I'm sure I was cursing up a storm that day! I think what angered me the most is that it was right on the edge of the carpet one or two more steps and it would have landed on just tile. So much easier to clean.

 

The Real Mom Crusade Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos