Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Real Mom confession - Bribery

Posted by Mac at 7:03 PM
Last night, LT was having a ROUGH time going to sleep. (Did you notice the emphasis on rough?) Im talking fussing, coming out of her room with random excuses and other general night-time avoidance behaviour. (Yes, I did just spell that with an english accent!)
Now this is nothing new. But I was tired, her daddy was tired and we both wanted to get to bed ASAP. So i bribed her. Im going to wear the cone of shame for a few minutes because I am not at all proud of what I bribed her with. Do you want to know? Its not anything I consider healthy and Im a little ashamed that it was as easy as it was.

Donuts. Fresh, warm, sugary donuts. I told her, "If you go to bed right now and don't come out of your room again, I will help you make donuts in the morning." And it worked. She fell asleep not too long after and Hubby and I actually got to bed at a reasonable hour.

Do you want to see the donuts? In my defense they are baked, not fried. That's about all I can say about them.

Aren't these the healthiest looking donuts you have seen today?
Anyways, LT only knows about donuts that have sprinkles on them. So after making these beauties, she asks for sprinkles to put on top. And I say yes. After much internal conflict, I wonder if I could have just gotten away with bribing her with sprinkles on her cereal or in her milk, or some other healthy thing to put sugar on. I know, I know. Terrible, but REAL! 

Look at that happy face. How could you say no to that?

Do you bribe your children with sweets, toys, or extra playtime? What do you want in return? Sometimes, I just want a few minutes before bed to myself without the constant questions and "moms".

If you enjoy this blog, please leave me a comment and tell me. Don't be afraid to share it with your friends, l have some extra sprinkles waiting when you do!! Don't forget, we are Real Moms and we are all in this together!

XOXO,
Mac



3 comments:

Unknown on August 29, 2013 at 5:40 PM said...

Testing . . .

Papa loved the donuts!!

Lydia said...

I love your blog! I just recently used bribery too. I have had the
hardest time convincing my 10 year old that reading is important. This
summer I told him 8 books and I will take you to see Luke Bryan in
concert. It worked! He read 11 books by the day of the concert and is
still reading. Not proud of how I did it but it accomplished what his
teachers and I have been working on for the last two years. Xoxo Lydia

Mac on September 6, 2013 at 3:54 PM said...

Lydia, I love that you use bribery for something meaningful, Like reading! I think encouraging reading is great.. and you should be rewarded too!

 

The Real Mom Crusade Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos