Monday, August 19, 2013

This is Real

Posted by Mac at 11:26 AM
I know firsthand that, as moms, we can feel like a failure if our house isn't perfectly clean with everything in it's place and not a single speck of dirt anywhere.

You're a great mom, even with a sink full of dishes, a dirty child's bedroom and dog hair on your floor.

This is what my house looked like this morning, not pretty. I wouldn't invite company over with my house like this, but I know for a fact that my house isn't the only one that looks like this right now. And that's okay. In fact, it makes you real. Your house doesn't have to look like a Pinterest board, with perfectly organized bathrooms and a kitchen that looks like no one has ever cooked in it. Your house is real, just like you, just like your kids.



 See, it's bad. But that doesn't mean that I'm a bad mom. I think I am doing just fine. My daughter, Little Tiger, is happy and healthy despite this mess. She actually likes her toys all out on display, right where she can see them but not actually play with them.

Now don't get me wrong, my house doesn't always look like this, and it will probably get cleaned in short order, but it's real and it's right now.

What made you feel like a bad mom this weekend? I yelled one too many times and said "no" when I should have said "yes."





0 comments:

 

The Real Mom Crusade Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos