Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Real Mom Confession of the Day - Breakfast of Champions

Posted by Mac at 7:13 PM
What do you give your kids for breakfast? I'm assuming that most of us give our kids cereal, pancakes, juice or even bacon most days for breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day, right?

So what did you have for breakfast? Did you sit down with your kid and eat with them? Maybe you made a cup of coffee and toast while you read the paper. My guess is that most of us moms don't think much about ourselves in the mornings beyond a cup of coffee and a hair tie to pull back to tangled mane that you don't have time to deal with right now.


Honestly, What did you have for breakfast this morning? Did you even eat? I am embarrassed and just a little ashamed to admit that every morning all I have is one or two cups of coffee. That's it until, approximately dinner time. Sad, right?

This morning though was totally different. My dear hubby just started a new semester of school and was out the door around 8:45, without anyone hearing! I woke up before my little tiger, which is something that never, ever happens. Mornings aren't my forte. I loathe them. But with a few precious moments to myself this morning, I decided to do something that I never do. (I can see a trend appearing.) I had the most delicious, and unhealthy breakfast that I can recall, besides of course having coffee and ice cream with my Nana whenever she stayed over.

Enough delay. I present, my breakfast!


That's right, Orange juice and a package of Twix. I didn't eat just one of the lovely, caramel, frozen sticks. I ate BOTH!  I savored them then threw away the package before my daughter woke up and discovered my horribly delicious breakfast!

I would never let this pass as breakfast for my daughter or my hubby, but when it comes to being a mom, sometimes you just deserve a treat. Even if it is at 9:30 in the morning and you haven't eaten breakfast.

What is your Real Mom confession today? Did you do something you would be ashamed to admit? Post in comments (remember, we are all in this together and no bashing will be tolerated) or e-mail me using the contact form. I'd love to hear from all you Real Moms!

xoxo,
Mac

1 comments:

Unknown on August 23, 2013 at 8:32 AM said...

I remember hearing about the coffee with ice cream!! Your nana always let you kids have special treat when we weren't around!!

 

The Real Mom Crusade Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos