Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Real Mom Confession of the Day - Chores

Posted by Mac at 5:07 PM
Do you know how long it has been since I have vacuumed the couch, yet alone the creases of our couch? If you do, please let me know. Because I don't know, seriously.

Vacuuming isn't one of my strong suits. I don't find joy in pushing around a 5 pound machine every few days, even if it is a nice one that cost more than I care to admit. I'd rather leave it to my dog to pick up any crumbs and deal with the remaining mess later. 

It's been so long since I have vacuumed that while I was cooking dinner last night, Hubby was caught doing it himself.


Now I have to admit that he doesn't mind doing housework and will in fact do it without mentioning it or asking for credit afterward. This was one of those times. Hubby said he did it because I was busy cooking dinner. 

But either way, it had gotten so bad that he noticed it and took it upon himself to remedy the situation. 

I'm a real mom. I'm not perfect. And sometimes the housework gets forgotten about in favor of baking, reading or being lazy. 

What's your real mom confession today?
(Remember, no judgement or criticism of other moms. We are all in this together!)

0 comments:

 

The Real Mom Crusade Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos