Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Uh oh! Real mom confession 8/27

Posted by Mac at 3:18 PM
Real moms forget to post daily confessions! I didn't forget about you guys!

Writing one right now to add to the bottom of this post. I'm sitting in the doctors waiting room, which does not do anything to get the guilt side of my brain thinking... Just the anxious side! Stay tuned.

How do you relax? Do your kids bang on the door the second you sit down to pee? 

My daughter follows my just about everywhere and clings to me when I get home from running any errands that she gets left with her daddy for. Sometimes I want to rip my hair out just for a few seconds of quiet, non questioning peace. 

The one place and time that no one will follow me is the bathroom when I dry my hair. It's hot. It's humid. And it's totally peaceful. Time seems to stop. I feel like I'm in there forever when in reality it's only a few minutes. 

That, for me, is peace. When time stops and you have a chance to take a breath, drink your coffee, and generally not feel like the entire world wants an audience with you, all at the same time. 

When does time stop for you? 

1 comments:

Unknown on August 29, 2013 at 1:36 PM said...

After all the kids, pets and husband or off to sleepy land. I also enjoy that time in the morning, on back deck, wuth my coffee after everyone has left for their day.

 

The Real Mom Crusade Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos