Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Scary Mommy Manifesto

Posted by Mac at 3:52 PM
Have you heard of "Scary Mommy"? Have you read her books? If you haven't, then you should. If you have, congrats, now go read them again. Im serious. Scary Mommy and I have just about the same agenda; Ending the Mommy Wars and getting moms to start respecting each other. 

I wanted to share a bit of Scary Mommy knowledge with you guys. It's called "The Scary Mommy Manifesto" and its brilliant. When I first read these books, I cried and laughed and highlighted the crap out of my book. And then I went back and read it again... and again... and many, many times since then. This is my favorite part:
Isn't that great? Shouldn't that be something that we all carry around in our minds so that when we do encounter a woman in the grocery store with a screaming baby, we could cut her some slack. We are all in this together. 

I don't think that this should only be something we think of when we see other mothers, but something that we remind ourselves about because we are our biggest critics, not our children, not our spouses, not our own mothers and maybe not even other moms. You are your biggest critic. And let me tell you something, you are doing better than you think. Trust me. 

Now that I said that, go check out the Scary Mommy Website for confessions from Real Moms and other great content and advice.

Stay tuned tonight for another Real Mom Confession of the Day. This one is a doozie!!!



0 comments:

 

The Real Mom Crusade Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos